Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Pink and Ruffles Ballerina Cake


Happy 1st day of Fall!!
oh my! time goes by so fast, I already have a 2nd grader and we are back to running around.
Part of the extra curricular activities that my little girl attends are ballet classes, no wonder this cake was so dear to me while I was making it.

I love the way the ballet slippers turned out, I used a tutorial by Peggy Does Cake , super easy to follow and the instructions, pictures and details are amazing!
 
This cake is packed with pretty pink ruffles and silver sequins that are so popular right now.
 
I made the sequins with grey fondant and then airbrushed them with silver color, I attached them to the cake with a dab of water and then I airbrushed the tier with silver color again.
 
Since then, I have seeing a few other techniques for making sequins that
 I am looking forward to try soon.  
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like this cake as much as I do!!

3 comments:

Jenniffer said...

The cake turned out great Kathia! Sequins are SO hot right now, I have a sequin cake to do soon and I have been looking at all the various methods for making them!

Anonymous said...

Wow that's really awesome and stylish cake thanks for share
one of the best blog thanks


Ballet fitness DVD | Ballet equipment

Anonymous said...

if you are looking for celebration cakes, anniversary then 1800giftportal is best choice.send cake to USA

send a birthday cake uk

Cake delivery Sydney

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.