Friday, January 18, 2013

Sparkly Winter Ice Skate, Mittens and Cap cookies




Friday!!! Finally! for some reason I feel this week has been so long. Miraculously I am off today, and the kids are in school, which mean I will have a little time for myself , go to the gym and getting my hair done. It's been like 3 months since I had some me time, so I am in real need of a day like today.

Besides, yesterday, or I should say today, I went to bed very late finishing a really cute Baby Shower cake, pictures coming up next week.

Any way, here are some cookies that I made for my friends at The Cookie Cutter Company, full of bright pink color and sanding sugar. 
Simple to make, I didn't even used a squeeze bottle, just very thick icing and a tip #3.

To make these cookies you will need:


.Royal icing in Deep pink AmeriColor gel
.Royal icing in Red AmeriColor gel
.Decorating Tip #3, couplers and pastry bags
.Pink and silver sanding sugar
.Small pain brush,meringue powder and water

Mitten

-Outline and flood the white trim.
-Drop dots of red icing onto the wet icing
-Outline and fill the cookies with pink icing. Let the cookies dry overnight.

Wool cap

Outline and flood the cap with the pink icing, let it dry for a few minutes and then outline and flood the trim dropping dots of red icing onto the wet icing like you did with the mittens.

Outline and flood top of the cap. Let the cookies dry overnight.


Once the cookies are dry,mix 1 tablespoon of water with 1/2 tsp of meringue powder and using the small brush, paint on the mixture on the mittens and cap,sprinkle on the sanding sugar and shake excess off. 


Ice skate



-Outline and flood the ice skate cookies and let them dry overnight.
-Use a black food writer to outline the sole, heel, blades and the holes for the laces. 
-Brush the blades using the same meringue powder and water mixture and sprinkle the silver sanding sugar.
-Add pink laces

Happy cookie decorating!! and keep sharing your cookie pictures with

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute, Kathia! The skates are perfection!

Sue said...

Such a sweet set! The skates are so fantastic!

SweetThingsTO said...

oh how cute! I love them!

IFeelCook said...

Such beautiful cookies, Kathia! Really cute :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.