Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Frozen Berry Yogurt Hearts


I know it is cold outside but at home we still love to eat ice cream.
As much as I enjoy giving a scoop or two to my 5 year old, eating ice cream every day is not the healthiest choice.
So I made my little one these frozen berry yogurt hearts, she loves them and she doesn't even know they are really healthy. Even baby E is enjoying them a lot. They melt pretty fast in the mouth so there is not too much messy to clean.

Since Valentine's Day is next month I was able to find this super cute heart ice trays at Target.

But I am sure this Wilton mold will work great also.

I used 1 cup of plain yogurt and 10 big chopped strawberries ,
I had some leftover raspberries and I also used them.

Put everything in the blender ( this little one I use it for the baby's food)
Put the liquid in the ice trays.
I had these silicone baking hearts and I use them also. The size are bigger than the little tray from Target.

Place the trays in a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer for about an hour.

Then, you will have yummy healthy treats.
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute idea, Kathia - and so healthy!

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

How cute and how creative!

Sue said...

Healthy, cute AND yummy! Perfect!

SweetThingsTO said...

So simple... I am definitely going to make these wonderful things for Sidney. I'm going to pin it too! Thanks Kathia!

Anne@ASaladForAllSeasons said...

Kathia...this is such a fabulous idea! I love ice cream of all kinds, but forming it into these molds is a great way to portion control. Plus...you can make something so simple look so elegant! Your hearts are so pretty and I bet delicious, too! : )

Mari Nuñez said...

I have the same heart trays in red! I would love to do this for my sweeties.

Kathia, your daughters are too beautiful. God bless.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a comment.I really appreciate it.